Saturday, April 17, 2021

The One

 



Having an anniversary? Time to eat cake, blow out candles, and look through old pictures and maybe a glass of bubbly.

 

We love anniversaries. We have anniversaries for everything.

 

Birthdays come to mind as the favorite anniversary. Every year we celebrate the day we were born when the date comes around on the calendar. Some even celebrate birthday of people who are not around to blow out the candles anymore.

 

You can celebrate anniversaries of graduation, baptism, winning awards, living through operations, purchasing the first car or home, becoming employed (and or fired) or your first pet. Many celebrate (or moan) deaths but do you remember all your pets and when they died?

 

There are anniversaries that are holidays. These are remembered because you don’t have to go to work. There are religious holidays but the dates are a bit questionable.

 

Relationships are our favorite anniversaries. Prom anniversary, first kiss anniversary, losing your virginity anniversary, first boyfriend/girlfriend anniversary, first break-up anniversary, first proposal anniversary are all memories people should celebrate. The wedding anniversary can be a milestone where vows are renewed. If there is more than one wedding, you might want to have divorce anniversaries too?

 

In the day-by-day of living with another it is good to take a break from the mundane to remind yourself the reason you tolerate the snoring or the clothing on the floor. Flowers, candy, cake are all acceptable gifts, but taking a break to just be together is irresistible and unforgettable.

 

Just say, “You’re the one”

 

 

 

“We've been together since way back when
Sometimes I never want to see you again
But I want you to know, after all these years


You’re still the one I want whisperin’ in my ear

You’re still the one I want to talk to in bed
Still the one that turns my head
We’re still having fun, and you’re still the one

 

I looked at your face every day
But I never saw it ‘til I went away
When winter came, I just wanted to go (Wanted to go)
Deep in the desert, I longed for the snow

 

You’re still the one that makes me laugh
Still the one that’s my better half
We’re still having fun, and you’re still the one

 

You’re still the one that makes me strong
Still the one I want to take along
We’re still having fun, and you’re still the one (Yes, you are)

 

Changing, our love it comes and goes
Even though we grow, it grows too

 

You’re still the one that I love to touch
Still the one and I can’t get enough
We’re still having fun, and you’re still the one

You’re still the one who can scratch my itch
You’re still the one that I wouldn’t switch
We’re still having fun, and you’re still the one

You are still the one that makes me shout
Still the one that I dream about
We’re still having fun, and you're still the one

You’re still the one
Yeah, still the one
We’re still having fun
And you’re still the one?”

Johanna Hall and John Hall

 


No comments: