Monday, April 30, 2012

LAST TRIP? (cliff?/joe, 1972)

-->

Pilot to copilot     
I can't hear you very well
Still that is normal      
For those in happy hell
The champagne wasn't God       
Though David was baptized
            And the shower was so cold              
            I nearly lost my eyes

Navigator speaking
It seems I've lost the map
But, still my name is Arthur
Though I'm no longer fat
I'11 help you fix the stew
But, please, no meat in mine
            I too climbed the mountain
            and smiled through sand and wine

I am the bombardier
Although I drop no bombs
I shoot you with a camera
But do not join your songs
I am riding with you
As we drive through the hours
            Although I join your jabber
            Mine does not rhyme with yours

Copilot to you all
What did you just say?
Soon, I will be married
A new and different way
One stranger still to me
Than the way that joins us
            I liked the off-keyed kid
            Who joined us from a bus.

No comments: