Sunday, May 5, 2019

Lethargic


Sluggish and apathetic, inert, inactive, slow, torpid, lifeless, dull, languid, listless, lazy, idle, indolent, shiftless, slothful, phlegmatic, apathetic, passive, weary, tired, fatigued, sleepy, drowsy, enervated or somnolent.
Sounds pretty bad but that was where I was the other day. My pep was pooped. My get-up-and-go had got-up-and-went.
I wasn’t sick. I hadn’t stayed out too late. I hadn’t partied too hardy. I certainly hadn’t worked too hard or over exercised.
It was just when my eyes opened, they just want to close again.
I tried to do my usual lazy routine but nothing worked. My sparkplugs were not firing.
After two or three tries, decided needed some coffee. Opening a lid and pouring in the ingredients was a chore while the water heated. Pouring it down and waiting for the kick in didn’t happen. It was back to bed.
Maybe I hadn’t eaten enough, so back to the kitchen to scrounge some grub, but not hungry, unappetizing, and not favorable. It was back to the sack.
Splash of water on my face only got me wet. Even the breweries finest didn’t get it going. Something had taken all the air out of my balloon.
At the end of the day marked it off as a ‘write off’ day.
Luckily the next day was better and the energy was coming back.

Maybe it was just a dream?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...you're OLD.