Monday, May 6, 2019

What’s Going On At The Tummy Temple?


 
The daily trip was detoured by a bunch of guys in fluorescent vest laying down stinky tar so it was a round a bout to get to my usual parking spots. Once inside there was a scream and a pattern of running behind me scattering the wire carts and the old ladies. Seems Monday is the day to bring the mentally challenged people who wander through the aisles as some sort of lesson. Not a bother but a realization on how lucky to be sane and competent of my facilities. Almost forgot to tomatoes since that is not on my normal list but after the distraction wheeled around to see all the sorts of tomatoes. Wonder if I’ll eat them all before they turn brown? Stopping for the traffic I find the peanuts and continue down that aisle instead of turning back into the congestion. The ‘vendor’ girl who I spoke to the other day is there but busy. See recognizes me and smiles. It is top of the pops, boys and girls. Get some breakfast sandwiches being bored with the burritos and find some coffee ice cream to get the evening a bit of sweetness and ready for the scan-grab-and go line of laser instructed bar code robots. The new garb for the ‘associates?’ is a blue apron. Not the blue shirts with the reflective yellow strips, but just a blue apron. The folks pulling carts out of the backroom and blocking the aisles finding request for the drive thru are still in blue shirts, but the check out folks are wearing whatever they came in to work with and then donning a blue apron. Don’t know if the Tummy Temple washed their ‘uniforms’ before and found this a cheaper alternative or if the fancy expensive food dispensers with the smiley face clean cut young blond Aryan children are using aprons as a comfortable non-threatening recognizable uniforms. They should be carrying tongs. Today Hillary (best laugh) is the ‘help is on the way’ with her magic wane to tell the camera I’m old enough to buy the same beer I bought yesterday and the day before that and the day before that and the… Hillary is wearing the blue shirt AND the blue apron. I tell her she can turn the apron around and wear it as a cape. Then she can be Super Hillary. She laughs. IQ ratings are not necessary at the Tummy Temple. I make it home over freshly paved roadway and arrive in time for another preparation for the native Virginian’s buffet. There are a few squabbles but it is spring.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your style is very unique compared to other people I've read stuff from.
Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will
just bookmark this site.

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and include approximately all vital
infos. I would like to see extra posts like this .

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a great deal to find out about this issue.
I really like all the points you made.

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I honestly believe that this site needs far more attention. I'll probably be back again to see
more, thanks for the advice!

Anonymous said...

Or tons of shoes that need a residence?

Anonymous said...

obviously like your web site however you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a
few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very
troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I'll certainly come back again.

Anonymous said...

Usuɑlly, the technology related too Cybernet can be found
outside healtһcare facilities. I'm discussin the All
In One PC's and it's called "Cyber - Net i - ONe H5" Desktop computer.

They only aspects ⲟf your computer which are not oneе ⲣiece include the keyboard and
mouse.

Anonymous said...

Because the admin of this site is working, no hesitation very
soon it will be famous, due to its feature contents.

Anonymous said...

Hello! This post couldn't be written any
better! Reading through this post reminds me of
my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I
will forward this write-up to him. Pretty sure he will
have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

certainly like your web site however you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
A number of them are rife with spelling issues
and I to find it very bothersome to tell the truth on the other hand I'll certainly
come back again.

Anonymous said...

Hi there to every body, it's my first go to see of this weblog; this web site consists of amazing and really good
information designed for visitors.

Anonymous said...

Admiring the dedication you put into your site and detailed information you offer.
It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while
that isn't the same unwanted rehashed information. Excellent
read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

Anonymous said...

Excellent article! We will be linking to this particularly great content on our website.
Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly feel this site needs much
more attention. I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the information!

Anonymous said...

Fine way of describing, and good paragraph to take facts on the topic of my
presentation subject, which i am going to convey
in university.

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog the use of msn. This
is a very neatly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come
back to read extra of your helpful information. Thank you for
the post. I will definitely return.