Saturday, January 10, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend


They have been with me for years. Always there. Always faithful. In the corner ready for any action.

Some old friends must go when they are old, and torn, and have been through their life cycle.
And so it is for this friend.

He's been with me through snow and rain and sun and seasons past.

He's been with me through experiences and travels and adventures too many to name.

He's been with me every morning when the sun has not risen, but awaits for me to travel.

He's been with me every evening when the frost blows from my lips as I try to survive.

But now old friend it is time to part.

Thank you for years of wear and tear.

Sorry I ripped your leg on the bike spoke.

Stuffed with a wallet, ID, credit cards, knife, ring of keys and handkerchief. The same for years.

And the morning rubs to warm my hands while waiting for the light.

You are a well worn and good friend and I will miss you.

Remember you were there for the new years walk. That will make you smile.

or maybe I should sell you on ebay to some Russian who loves distressed jeans.

How about a bailout?

No comments: