Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Didn’t Leave The House Today

-->

Don’t know why.
I thought today was to be a full rainy day, but it didn’t happen, at least here.
Maybe it was the poker game last night that went on for too long.
Maybe it was the two-dozen beers I consumed over the period of the evening.
Maybe it was the gray day, but I stayed inside, except to go out to check the empty mailbox.
Normally I make a point to get dressed and wander outside after checking email and having a cup of coffee, but not today.
I had the cup of coffee and checked the email but couldn’t get motivated to take the next step.
A surprise call from the hardware store should have woken me up, but it didn’t.
A lunch of broccoli sprouts with a cheese sauce during the noon news should have got me motivated, but it didn’t.
Maybe the poker game lasted too long last night and though I didn’t lose a lot of clothing, it was an eventful evening.
Maybe I just wore myself out?
So today was a scratch off day.
Nothing accomplished, except for a nap in the middle of the day that really didn’t help the situation and a to-do note on the blackboard to pick up some butter at the store.
Perhaps this is what old age is meant to be?
Being trapped in your own home with no motivation or physical means to move on.
Did read something on the Internet today, while wasting so much time, about life is only sustained when you have something to look forward to.
So I go back to bed tonight knowing I have all my toys and money in the bank and am safe and well fed with the comforts of years of struggle with no complaints or regrets and wondering what the dreams will present.
Tomorrow, if it arrives, will present a new series of challenges and opportunities to decide upon.

2 comments:

Art said...

So if you neither won nor lost money or clothes, what made Poker eventful? And I'll play poker with you after you've has a dozen beers (as long as I ain't drinkin wine)

Anonymous said...

You had a poker game and you didn't invite me? I'm tempted to unfriend you!