Friday, March 20, 2020

Have You Been Exposed?


“I heard Mary’s got it.”
“I saw Mary just the other day.”
“Oh no, then maybe you’ve got it.”
You know the rumors and hearsay and third party interpretations. Social media is good for that.
From what I’ve seen on the Internet, there are numbers of folks who have be declared contagious or infected by some sort of testing. There are also a number of deaths.
But I haven’t seen any names or dates when they became aware they had the cooties.
There are list of sexual predators living near you. There are list of the daily dead in the newspaper listings. But there isn’t a list of who done got it (yet).
Does your neighbor got it? Did the guy who delivered the pizza got it? Did the checkout person at the grocery got it? Does that couple walking their dogs by you got it?
If someone you see if coughing or sneezing or wearing a mask, social distancing is no problem. You will avoid them like the plague.
I’ll go to the Tummy Temple to get my daily bread, follow my usual route while maintaining my personal space, talk the usual talk to those who have the magic cards to get me out the door with alerting security and bring whatever I got back home.
Until I hacking and whizzing, I’ll follow my daily routine and wait for all of this to calm down and ponder the new reality.

No comments: