Thursday, July 8, 2021

Legal?

 

The use of recreational Marijuana, grass, green, hash, pot, weed, dank, reefer, Mary Jane, chronic, nug (nugget), bud, herb, flower, skunk, dope, hay, blaze, boom, rope, ganga, hemp, hashish (whatever you call it) is now ‘legal’ in the commonwealth, but not so fast.

The use, sale, and possession of cannabis over 0.3% THC in the United States, despite laws in many states permitting it under various circumstances, is illegal under federal law. As a Schedule I drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970, cannabis over 0.3% THC (legal term marijuana) is considered to have "no accepted medical use" and have a high potential for abuse and physical or psychological dependence. Cannabis use is illegal for any reason, with the exception of FDA-approved research programs. However, individual states have enacted legislation permitting exemptions for various uses, including medical, industrial, and recreational use.

Still the legislators made a law and the governor signed it that it is NOW legal to process an ounce of marijuana and or grow a few plants. That does not mean you can walk around toking a dobie in public or rolling a few joints to sell.

This acceptance of what people have been doing for years in the shadows is only intended for private enjoyment. It is also a reaction of being pulled over by the cops for a loose license plate and when you roll down the window and the smoke pours out, the cop can’t say, “You got any marijuana in there?” Still not sure on DUI violations?

So now you can sit back with your rolling papers or water pipes or bongs (all legal paraphernalia that can be used for tobacco…wink, wink) and zone out on “Welcome Back Kotter” or “Good Times” without fear of ‘the man’ busting down your door.

Still there is a question of where do you get this ounce or seeds to grow?

Selling this ‘stuff’ is still illegal, so unless it falls out of the sky, there is no place to acquire what is now legal.

The legislators have set a deadline of 2024 to figure out how to money on the sales of marijuana. It is a difficult problem but has been done in other states.

From what I’ve read, the sales of a legal substance in a state, yet illegal by federal law, are a cash crop. Banks and credit cards cannot be used across state lines so it is pay as you go with a greenback dollar.

I’m a child of the 60’s. I inhaled and enjoyed it. I purchased from friends of friends and never questioned the quantity or quality. My friends and me used it as the ‘cocktail of choice’ for years until it became dull. I used it daily until my wife got paranoid and hid it and couldn’t remember where it was stashed. Nickel and dime bags were becoming too expensive to lose.

So now in this year of our Lord 2021, marijuana is legal for recreational consumption, but there is nowhere to attain the product to consume.

I know everyone is concerned with taking down statues and putting in bike lanes while in the backrooms politicians, merchants and financial minds are scheming a method to fill the coffers with what has passed by for years.

It gave me a thought and I posted it on social medial.

 

It seems I broke the rules of ‘terms and agreement’ that I agreed to 13 years ago. I crossed the line.

I’ve been ‘un-friend’ and have ‘un-friend’ others over comments misunderstood or just blatantly offensive. The past year I’d cleaned out the closet. I’ve even been blocked.

So now I was in the principals office being warned that another infraction could get me expelled.

I certainly understand social media trying to balance common courtesy with outrageous hatred, but ‘freedom of speech’ has always been hard to handle.  

At this time in life, I have little time left for nonsense. No need for diatribes or soliloquy, just get to the point.

I will post this tonight.

If Mister Zuckerberg or his AI censors feel I’ve broken the code of respectful speech and sequester me, so be it.

See you on the other side.

No comments: