Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'VE GOT THOSE WAITING TO BE BEAMED UP BLUES (cml &/or jmd, 1974)

I didn't think of myself as a trekkie, but reviewing some of my books, I found this song.

And with the new movie out (which I have not seen yet, but look forward to) I review the Star Trek effect on my life.

I remember the original series in B&W TV but did not catch onto it until the early 70's when it was on late night. I think, but I'm not sure, some of the substance had something to do with the fascination.

So I looked back at the recollection of the phenomenon of Star Trek and found this research material and hope you enjoy the song.

Thanks Gene and hope Scotty enjoyed the McIver scarf.






Well, they've taken you off the air
And, they're only showing repeats
I'm tearing out my hair
Waiting for those great feats

















I've got those waiting to be beamed up blues
Oh Star Trek , when you coming back again?
I’m a stagnated spaceman baby
When you coming back again?



Well, Kirk I never thought
That you were telling those lies
The Only home you ever wanted
Was on the Enterprise



I've got those waiting to be beamed up blues
Oh Star Trek,
I'm trapped on terra firma
Come and get me when you can

Cause I' trapped on terra firma
Oh Spock, what can I say?
You were always such an ace
I know that this ain't logical, but
I'm Craving' in outer space


I’ve got these waiting to be beamed up blues
Oh Star Trek, Spock I need you back again
We ain't got no heroes
Spock I need you back again

Great bird of the galaxy
He ain't around no more
No matter how stoned I get
Can't even fly to the corner store

I've got those waiting to be beamed up blues
Oh Star Trek, I need some space time magic
To take me home again I need some space time magic

2 comments:

TripleG said...

I played the old "The Best of Cliff and/or Joe" cassette and found this song on it. A classic blast from the past!

Anonymous said...

I need to hear this, Capt. Kiwi!