Sunday, March 11, 2012

What time is it anyway?

-->


It happens two times a year. All the clocks go bananas. No, not yellow and peel but all the displays are different. 

Even with all the announcements that it is time to spring ahead and the constant warnings that our bodies must adjust to this time shift, my clocks don’t seem to read the memo.

Now time is a funny thing anyway. It is how, as I have proposed before, we measure our life.
So when the time changes, we must get all confused for a couple of days.

Is it time to wake up? Is there time for coffee? Is there a wreck on the highway so I have to make more time to transport? Is there time to go back home to change my tie that I spilled coffee on or do I just wear the sweater hanging on the back of my door (hook on my cubicle now). Is it time for lunch? Is it time to go potty?  Is the next meeting going to take too much of my time so I come late to the meeting after that? Is it time to call home to say I will not be home on time due to all the work I have no time to do? Is it time to eat again? Is it time to put the kids to bed? Is it time to watch the late night celebrity questionnaire show? Is it time for a nightcap? Is it time for a ….. Oh sorry, I know you don’t feel well and are too tired? Is it time to go to sleep? 

Stopped wearing watch so they can wait until the next time adjustment then they will be right again. It is much more reliable to just follow the sun.

But these dare clocks showing different times. Technology has quiet caught up with them so even the satellite clocks that are suppose to get the time right down to the silly millisecond bear witness that the satellite must send it’s frequencies through all the space trash and cell phone and CB radio and emergency signal waves to finally calculate correctly 24 hours later. The rest I must manually twist up an hour whenever I get time to.

No comments: