Sunday, September 9, 2018

Anonymous

Anonymous is made up of individuals who hack into computer systems without permission and take data such as communications records, names, addresses, phone numbers, and credit cards. Anonymous members generally have a “greater good” purpose behind their attacks.
Anonymous is also a person not identified by name, unnamed, of unknown name, nameless, incognito, unidentified, unknown, secret, unsigned, unattributed, having no outstanding, individual, or unusual features; unremarkable or impersonal, characterless, nondescript, impersonal and faceless
Anonymous is also used in names of support groups for addicts of a substance or behavior to indicate the confidentiality maintained among members of the group.
I’m Anonymous.
Only a few neighbors know my name and none have been in my yard. No one I know knew my wife. My work associates have disappeared and my schoolmates never knew me very well. My social media handle is not spelled correctly with an illustration instead of a photo. It might not even be me?
Most of us are anonymous. We have names and house and phone numbers. We have nicknames and GPS locators. We have titles and belong to clubs. We go to restaurants and concerts and sports events and festivals but all those other people are anonymous. And so are we.
All those folks you meet at a mixer or online are anonymous. They may give information and names and history, but are they vetted and fact-checked?
When we read letters or messages or comments or editorials, they are usually signed. That signature clarifies whom the person is who gave their impression or opinion unless it is signed by anonymous. For that matter, if it is signed by #Zebra87 then who knows.
Writers, artist, politicians, journalist all want their names on their works to get credit for their ideas and creations.
That is my take on all this nonsense.
Signed ‘me’
-->

No comments: