Sunday, January 5, 2020

They all fall down


CRASH! BAM! BOOM!
“What the… Why am I on the bedroom floor?”
A little back-story.
A normal evening brings me into the music room to log in the computer purchases and food consumption of the day and then check social network to see if anyone has anything interesting to say. Some times You Tube presents something to require headphones.
So it was this evening.
Normally my limit of 12-silver bullets will suffice, but whatever I was watching went longer than my stash. The options were water or coffee or…
My brother’s family had presented me with Christmas treats that fell off the Budweiser loading dock so the refrigerator was full of sorts of unfamiliar concoctions never tasted.
So I pulled one out and went on with my show and new refreshment. Little did I know that this unknown and untried alcohol beverage tasted like soda pop. 
As previously stated, I know my limit and know the results of passing that limit, but these candy flavored drinks can be so bad (think vaping) and I had plenty to get through the night. From what I saw the next morning in the recycle bag, I certainly tried.
The next note is to know my bed is a single. To turn over requires sliding back into the space the other side was lying on. There is little wiggle room.
Also my bed is higher than most beds. There is a frame that holds the mattress and foundation 3 feet above the floor to slide storage underneath. At that height is it easy to swing legs around and pop up standing.
Except in this case.
Dazed and confused I am entangled on the floor with little space between the bed frame and the dresser. Starting to struggle through the situation reality came by.
“Did I break something?”
Now at this age of the white wolf, a fall could be disastrous no matter the reason. The phone was beyond reach. Perhaps just lay here until the morning but the floor is uncomfortable.
Somehow I managed to pry myself off the floor back onto my feet and my legs still worked. Climbing back into the mattress, I went back to sleepy time.
Since most nights are 3-hour naps, the radio reminded me what time it was when I’d awake to wander down the hall.
The next morning as the sun came up, the pain from my free fall reminded me of the late night tumble.
That was when my body scolded me for over-consumption. My butt must have a big bruise and my right calf muscle was stretched. My shoulders felt sore but there was no blood on the floor.
The residuals of pouring that much alcohol into the body were evident so today was to be a ‘time-out’ day.
The sweats and the shakes and heart palpitations and overall uncomfortable body feeling brought me back time and time again to the mattress.
The sun went down and the next day the sun came up and so did I. Some of the pain was still there, but both legs moved and I could sit and energy was coming back.
Some OJ and a couple cups of Java, dress like I knew what I was doing and out the door. The cooler air felt good and the sunshine was refreshing.
As I do everyday to get rid of the aches and pains, I strapped on my helmet and went out to the street not knowing if I could ride. The pace was slower than usual but as usual everything started losing up.
Tomorrow I expect to feel even better.

3 comments:

Jim Harris, Artist said...

I certainly hope so! Wow! What an adventure...to not be repeated.

Jim Harris, Artist said...

Oh my! Glad you are okay. That was quite an adventure...hopefully one to not be repeated.

TripleG said...

Ouch!