Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Phishing

 



My wife learned the term. It may have been the ‘Today Show’ or ‘Dr. Phil’ or ‘Rachael Ray’ but she picked it up and knew not to tell any dirty secrets to anybody.

I’ve always questioned a stranger’s request for personal information, but have been very open to friends. There shouldn’t be secrets among friends.

Our society is based on asking questions.

Would you like a better insurance on your car? Would you apply for a bargain deal on a credit card? Would you participate in a ponzi scheme or a pyramid multi-level marketing to make it rich?

Phishing is the fraudulent practice of sending emails purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers.

We don’t think about it as we post comments and ask and answer questions trying to find the unknown?

Are we curious or are we vetting? How much do you need to know about someone else? How much to you want to revel to others?

When you meet a stranger you finding interesting, usually about how they appear, and want to know more, you ask questions. What is your name? Where did you grow up? Where did you go to school? Where do you work? Where do you live? Is there someone waiting for you to come home?

Some think of this as small talk. Others think this is phishing.

No one thinks the answer might be a lie. That is not my real name online.

At times we even move in with or marry another person and know very little about them. No matter how many questions you ask, the answers can change through the years.

Went up on the hill about twelve o'clock
Reached right back and got me a pole
Went to the hardware and got me a hook
Attached that line right on that hook
Says you've been a-fishin' all the time
I'm a-goin' fishin' too

I bet your life, your lovin' wife
Can catch more fish than you
Any fish bite if you've got good bait
Here's a little somethin' I would like to relate
Any fish bite, you've got good bait.
I'm a-goin' a-fishin', yes, I'm a-goin' a-fishin'
I'm a-goin' a-fishin' too

Looked down the river about one o'clock
Spied this catfish swimmin' around
I've got so hungry, didn't know what to do
I'm gonna get me a catfish too

Yes, you've been fishin' all the time
I'm a-goin' a-fishin' too
I bet your life your lovin' wife
Catch more fish than you
Any fish bite, got good bait
Here's a little somethin' I would like to relate
Any fish bite, you've got good bait
I'm a-goin' a-fishin', yes, I'm goin' a-fishin'
I'm a-goin' a-fishin' too

Put on your skillet, don't never mind your lead
Mama gonna cook 'em with the short'nin' bread
Says you been fishin' all the time
I'm a-goin a-fishin' too
I bet your life, your lovin' wife
Can catch more fish than you
Any fish bite, if you've got good bait
Here's a little somethin' I would like to relate
Any fish bite, you've got good bait
I'm a-goin' a-fishin', yes, I'm goin' a-fishin'
I'm a-goin' a-fishin' too

No comments: