Sunday, February 26, 2023

The check is in the mail…

 



Have you gotten your check yet? Facebook (meta) sez you need to subscribe to identify yourself.

It seems with all the ‘terms and conditions’ the profile of any user can be stolen by some evildoer to present post that you had no intention of meaning.

So the solution to this thievery is to pay a fee of $12 a month to verify your identity with a ‘check’.

There was a time when being pulled over you presented your driver’s license as identity. There were passwords or fingerprints or DNA or face recognition or barcode tattoo.

Every so often I’ll get some message or comment that doesn’t sound like the person who sent it. I will avoid it and send a note to the REAL person I know that they may have been ‘hacked’.

I’ve been hacked. Change a password and I’m back in business.

I don’t search the Internet with my name to see how many more ME’s are out there. I don’t put personal information on social media and certainly no monetary information.

So why should I start to subscribe for the use of a platform that I’ve agreed to their ‘terms and conditions’ for FREE since 2008?

Subscriptions seem to be the latest trend of increasing revenue? The local newspaper has always had a subscription to have it delivered to your doorstep but with digital and dropping circulation it has attempted pay walls and restrictions to read local news that is also reported (journalistically constructed or just gossip) from blogs or pod cast or just neighbor community sights. The subscription wants to keep you coming back.

Maybe Facebook (meta) will start charging for posting photos or storing videos or just uploading memes? These costly restrictions may change the use of the Internet from Free Speech to review before approval.

So I won’t be getting a check. If you don’t think it is ME, send me a note and I’ll double check. If you don’t like what I’m posting, you can de-friend me and not see it. If you really don’t want to be bothered, block me and I’ll never be seen again.

Of I could die?

No comments: