Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Watch Your Step


You have any of those ‘to-do’ projects that just don’t seem to ever get done?

Me too.

This one couldn’t wait any longer.

Get on the past emails and find ‘Mr. Handyman’. I tell them my problem and send them the photos and set up a time for a man with a saw and a hammer can come by and solve the problem of water/time/wood.

Since I’m uneasy about people in my private space, I confirmed the appointment time, then went and hid in my shed. I gathered up my beer and closed the blinds and waited.

These steps were constructed 15 years ago replacing wooden deck boards supported on cinder blocks and a plastic 3-step stool with no hand rails.

At 9AM sharp I received a text message with a photo of the guy in his red uniform shirt who was going to do the work. He measured, cut, nailed and cleaned up by 4PM. 

 


Everything appears and feels sturdy enough so when I walk out, I won’t have to watch my step. Perhaps they will last another 15 years (which may be more than me).

No, I did not get a ramp installed. I’m not ready for that yet.

It is still good advice around my yard due to roots and vines and scurrying creatures. It is probably still good advice if you work on a farm.

Might also be good advice before you make some dubious decision?

Now check off a ‘to-do’ to ‘to-done’ and wait for the bill.

No comments: