Friday, April 19, 2024

Novelty Items

 

Don’t know how I stumbled upon this wacky item, but I used to have one. It hung on my pegboard in my bedroom along with other strange items given to me growing up.

My parents, being the typical 50’s parents, were drawing to novelty items shown in the back of magazines. Shrinking heads, fly in an ice cube, carved coconut heads, oversized ties and sunglasses…. any outrageous item to get a laugh in the atomic age.

Fanny – Whacker

A spanking good idea

Bottoms up!!

For Nervy Guys

And folks that swear

For swatting flies

And bottoms bare

For training brides

And children too

For taking sides

And mixing stew

For naughty brats

That scream and howl

For wailing cats

And men that growl

For stirrin paint

And help in battle

For ladies that faint

And gossips that tattle

For pups that tussle

And mosquitoes that bite

For husbands that guzzle

And stay out all nite!

Use briskly

Until object is blushing

Pink!!

I took it to work. The secretary threw it away.

No comments: