Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Abstract Communication

Today I mentioned on my FACEBOOK status that I was "back at the wheel, but my nose hurts." 

I received several emails stating concern for my physical condition. "I'm OK." There was no accidents or riding on marbles. 

It was an abstract communication that was not grabbed by some. 

There is an old saying " put your nose to the grind stone" meaning work hard and you will succeed. 

Well I said "wheel" thinking the grinding stone mechanical wheel to sharpen knives. To put your nose on this spinning stone would only tear the skin off and lubricate the stone with blood. 

Perhaps that is the new work ethic. 

It just goes to show a thought misspoken to the masses can misconstrued and taken out of context, can give the worst of visions and responses. 

Thank you for your concerns. 

No comments: