Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Knelling Through The Souper Bowl


Didn’t plug in the television on Sunday. Decided the hype was not worth the waste of time.
Seems I was right.
Not being a fan of either team and have seen enough of these spectacular events decided to do something else.
Still the draw of football is difficult to resist since for years I’ve watched every Sunday and every Super Bowl. Even attended Super Bowl parties where I didn’t watch the game but cheered when everyone else did.
Never placed a bet or wore a jersey but have rooted for underdogs.
Still it is hard to turn away but there are no options to watch the game.
I was wrong. CBS has posted a FREE streaming Internet site for us who are not watching otherwise to take a peek.
I took a peek.
It was almost halftime and the score was Pats 3 – LA 0. What am I missing?
Back to puppies and kittens and children and memes, but I can’t resist checking the halftime show.
Two minutes and I’m done. That is enough fireworks for the New Year.
On to whatever else I was wasting my time with until it was getting late and I fell back for a peek at the score. The Pats 10 – LA 3 but then the kicker for the red, white and blue kicked another field goal and the game was over.
I took a knee for the Souper Bowl and may not watch it ever again. Or the Olympics or the Grammys or the Oscars or the State of the Union.
A sign of age or a sign of wisdom?

No comments: