Sunday, September 8, 2019

No Open Carry



Would you want to get behind these guys who are buying beer at your local consumption distributor? Supposed you bumped them with your cart? Supposed your screaming kids annoyed them?
Not sure what the intimidation of bringing a weapon to a crowded family oriented that should be as friendly as a temple though you don’t know all the parishioners. Will you get a better slice of beef or a larger loaf of bread while packing heat?
Since the politicians don’t want to rock the boat restricting weapons, then businesses must take a moral stand listening to their customers.

“Kroger is respectfully asking that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores, other than authorized law enforcement officers. We are also joining those encouraging our elected leaders to pass laws that will strengthen background checks and remove weapons from those who have been found to pose a risk for violence.”
The announcement was made hours after Walmart said it would no longer sell “handgun and short-barrel rifle ammunition, while requesting that customers not openly carry firearms in its stores, even where state laws allow it,”
People are scared of guns (as well as they should be). Guns are dangerous. You can read every morning all the folks who were shot the night before.
If we are to become the ole west and by carrying a weapon makes you feel like Wild Bill Hickok, remember when the police arrive you are just another guy with a gun.
I personally do not have a gun. I know how to shoot a gun. I’ve been trained.
If someone breaks into my house, I will to get away and call the professionals who are paid to handle these situations. If it comes face-to-face, I’ll deal with it.
There are enough pills and needles to do harm without adding gunpowder. Guns are too easy and many times bullets don’t go where you think they are pointed.
Even when an officer of the law walks into a diner, I’ll leave.
I appreciate businesses taking the high road of protecting the public.
 When I go to the Tummy Temple tomorrow I will still be aware of the rolling carts around me. Those who are in a hurry, I’ll get out of the way. Those who seem frustrated or confused, I’ll avoid.
I don’t know how many are concealed carry.

No comments: