Saturday, August 1, 2020

Paying the bill


I think I got all the bills from my week on vacation at the St. Mary’s-ott Hotel and Resort and now it is time to pay the blood money.

With all the new electronics and digital recording I get an itemized list over everyone who walked into my room, how much juice they gave me or how much blood they took and even what the meals cost.

It is a prison hotel in a way because you are strapped into a folding bed with cables stuck into your arms and if you move they set off alarms. Plus every so often they would come in and strap you up to a blood pressure machine.

I guess I could have gotten out but they put you in a gown with an open back that would be pretty recognizable as an escapee. Plus what do I do with all the piercing jewelry attached to my veins.

The total was startling but my old age insurance paid for most of it.

While writing the checks last night I figured my payment was a price of a guitar and a few pedals. Got to put things in perspective.

Sealed the envelopes, rode off to the blue box and dropped them in hoping they would get there before the post office is closed down.

It was just a reminder of how much health cost. I think the rest of the month I’ll take it easy on the checkbook to let it recover.

No comments: