Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just has to get out

 


-->
Over the pass couple days I’ve had several thoughts rattling around in the hollow bone so I thought I would try to put them all down in the sunshine watching the critters at the buffet and the rain soaked redneck Oscars to the tuxedo 500.
1.     A Sense of Purpose : Overheard someone saying “Good Job” to a youngster when a request was accomplished to a positive response from an elder. I thought about how many times that is said to the young, but later fades or morphs into plaques, corner offices with windows, titles, and of course money. The power of the position may not be the satisfaction of soul to find a sense of purpose for our existence on this planet.
2.     Concentration: The day before yesterday, I woke bright eyed and bushy tailed picking up on radios statements and the natural details surrounding me. Yesterday, not so much. The day was a haze. I lost concentration from one day to the next. I could blame it on the lack of sleep but I could not get out of the fog, so I sat and ate junk and watched old black and white television shows I grew up with. Sometimes you just need days when you realize you’ve lost your concentration and just need to accept it. I could have (or maybe should have) taken a nap to catch up, but the old TV westerns reminded me of the moral lessons that bombarded my childhood.
3.     What is in a song? : I forgot the context that I heard this but it made me think of what MY songs (or whatever you may call them) mean. The 200 or so poems/ letters/ thoughts put to 3-chord arrangements are the documentation of a history. Every performer/musician/writer has a reason for writing those words on paper. So I think I will take one of the jumble of words and dissect it in a later blog to show not only the phrasing but also maybe the hidden meaning of why these words had a meaning to the author.
4.     What you don’t know: “Won’t hurt you” is the phrase. It seems our species prefer to wander around unknowing. There are fewer burdens than understanding all the complications. Then again we will never know all the behind the scenes. How would we react to the day-to-day activities if we thought a bomb was about to drop on us? How would we react if we thought we were about to be invaded and our normal boring lives disrupted into chaos? How would we react if we knew where all the millions were coming from in the purchase of a leader?
5.     Doing what I’m suppose to do: Growing up in America in the boomer years, our generation was taught in school, church, scouts, camp, and any other organization including family to follow the rules and do what you are “supposed” to do.  Without following the rules or laws there is anarchy, so our low definition understanding of city council, mayors, committees, governors, senators, representatives, or even presidents even without all the media coverage confused the masses and we just do what we are suppose to do.

As you can tell, I started this some time ago but just got back to it. The pyrotechnics of the drive fast turn left is over (good thing I went to sleep) and all the gowns and smiles are put away after being posted on every web page. So it is now time to await the rain before the early summer and do the taxes. 

Maybe it is time to stop thinking about all this stuff?

1 comment:

Art said...

one of your best yet!!!