Saturday, June 23, 2012

I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today

-->
Remember when you got your first credit?

I was in college and had a part time job making doodlely-squat when in the mail I got a Visa credit card. Probably had a $100 limit on it. Didn’t ask for it, it just came in the mail. What was I suppose to do?

And now, after dozens of credit cards and years of paying interest and fees I’ve gotten back to what earning/spending was suppose to be. Only buy what you have money to pay for.

There is some phrase about coveting, but then again, I worked enticing you and yours to covet and consume the latest and greatest products and services available whether you had the money to pay for it or not.

Then again the difference between stealing and borrowing is you have to pay back one; with interest.

Now I’m not saying that all credit is bad. Shoot without the government covering my lack of income I would not have been able to sign all those papers assuming I could pay for my first house. 

So we all got carried away with this credit stuff. We started to buy things that we knew we could not pay for. Houses as big as a hotels, televisions the size of a wall in every room, traveling to far off places with luxury lifestyles throwing the plastic around and paying minimum payments.

That seemed fine until our countries started to do the same thing.

No comments: