Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Last Supper

-->
Have YOU ever thought what YOU would want for YOUR “Last Supper”?

Well the folks going to end-it-all under the penal code have to make this decision.

So what would YOU choose?

The reason I bring this up is the past year I have tried every type of food group. I thought about everything I have ever liked to eat and sampled each.

To my surprise all were not what I expected. Steak, chicken, pork, even veggies cooked in every style did not entice me. The taste was good but not desirable.

So now going through the grocery store as I do everyday, I look at the shelves with all the cans and boxes and wrappers and try to taste each invitation. It is easy.

Walk by the fruit and veggies and imagine a salad. Taste the sweetness of blueberries and strawberries and the juice of a ripe tomato or the crispy of a carrot. The bakery, if it is baking, may smell good but all the cakes and cookies and breads are either covered with too much sugar or just too thick. Down the canned staples isle the labels do not offer much enticement or perhaps you know the taste of reprocessed veggies is rather bland. The frozen foods not much better and you wonder when was that really cooked?

I walk around the store and look at the row after row of what farmers and plants arrange for us to eat to stay alive imaging each flavor and aroma. I have all the utensils to prepare any combinations of starch and proteins and all the stuff needed to maintain but the process means I will have lots of utensils to clean and a mound of food to consume.

This is probably just living alone or what was tasty years ago has worn off. I know what to each from the diet prepared from a heart attack victim and follow most of the rules (except for alcohol – my bad, but we make choices about what we put in our bodies) and vary the daily recipes to fruit, veggies, beans, oatmeal and soups with small amounts of pasta, breads, pastries and pizzas.

So what would be MY last supper?

Appetizer:

Entrée:

Sides:

Beverage:

Dessert:

2 comments:

TripleG said...

Well, if you have to go, a really good key lime pie would be the ticket.

Art said...

supposedly folks often request (but don't eat) their "last meal". And now this is what Texas done gone and did:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/09/texas-ends-death-row-inmates-final-meals.html