Monday, October 29, 2012

You Know What I Mean?

--> -->
What is it that we can’t talk to each other without repeating or redefining the statement we just made?
“Did you hear what I’m saying?” or “You know what I mean?” or even just “You know?” seems to be thrown into the conversation as if we were speaking a foreign language to the person who is listening to our vain expression to communicate. 
Why don’t we just repeat what we are saying as if the other person has a hearing aid? Why don’t we just repeat what we are saying as if the other person has a hearing aid?
Perhaps we believe the other person is too stupid to comprehend the before mentioned sentence insulting their intelligence and perhaps personality. 
Sure it is one of those street phrases we pick up to copy making us hip but we don’t have to repeat it.
“You know what I mean?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. But did you hear what I was sayin'?