Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hurt


For the past week I’ve been a sad patient. Bandage on my knee has given me yet another reason not to do what I should be doing. Maybe blood trickling down my leg does give me wonder.
This was the first boo-boo in some time and I am such a baby. Some skin came off and the leg would be sore to stretch or bend, but nothing like a real wound.
And to feed my tea and sympathy, I done nothing but eat cheesy Mexican food all week. The mind knows better but the body is weak. Actually the mind is weak.
So with a deadline and the food stores running out, there are only three more days of defecating debauchery. It is time for a change and there are no more excuses.
The weather has been perfect this week, cool temperatures, nice breezes, sunshine and no rain. The projects for trimming the yard have been made and the tools are ready. Even the neighborhood has been quiet.
But one little boo-boo has been my illogical excuse for not getting to it. One can always create some speed bump for not doing what you need to do. It can even build a wall for what you want to do. Excuses are good rationalization for the irrational behavior.
Like what the congress is doing, we all put off what we should do today until tomorrow.  The action can be done unless it is on fire or dripping through the roof. It can always be put off until tomorrow.
But the deadline will arrive and the decisions must be made and change will happen. The congress crisis will stir up emotions and wild comments on social media, but it may be kicked down the road.
Some hurts heal and some never go away. For those there are no bandages to cover the boo-boo. Certain sights and sounds and smells bring it all back again. Last night I was watching a YouTube flash mob and started weeping like a baby. Wasn’t anything special, but those things get to me this way? The night brought dreams of familiar faces and strangers struggling through some weird situation with remarkable detail. The little blond girl keeps wandering through without saying a word.
My personal stagnation has been kicked down the road for over a year and as said before,
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

1 comment:

Art said...

I am confused... What deadline, for what?