Saturday, June 2, 2018

Delivery


Are we so lazy we can’t even grow or gather our food and cook it and place it on a plate with eating utensils?
I just ordered a pizza. I tried to order it online but the website was a mess so I had to do the old fashion method of the telephone.
I was quick and easy and delivered to my door before the storm and was more than I needed and twice as much as if I’d prepared it myself.
Still the idea of delivery of products has become a hit. My neighborhood is frequented by many cars delivery dinners while they all have gigantic kitchens.
Back in the day it was a pleasure to have milk delivered to the front door. My parents used the service so I continued to use the service. I wasn’t than fond of milk but it was one of life’s luxuries. On the rare occasion the local grocer would deliver a paper bag of grocery to the doorstep because we were regular customers. The same was true for the pharmacy. Some big items were delivered with schedules and you had to be home.
Everything else was pick-up and bring home. Shopping required an automobile for any item larger than a pencil.
Today the delivery trucks zip back and forth through the neighborhood bringing cardboard boxes filled with all sorts of items from easy shopping online. Even my hardware store will bring flatbed trucks loaded with tons of items delivered with a forklift.
Still my pizza arrived on time, cost too much and the only redeeming quality was I got rid of a bunch of $1.00 bills filling my wallet. Not much of a consequence for eating too much junk food to throw away cash.
There is a room at the hospital that also delivers.
Excuse me; the doorbell.

No comments: