Friday, June 15, 2018

Trading


Seems to be the rage of the news feed these days. Let’s take a look at the word.
Trade involves the transfer of goods or services from one person or entity to another, often in exchange for money. A system or network that allows trade is called a market.
An early form of trade, barter, saw the direct exchange of goods and services for other goods and services. Barter involves trading things without the use of money. Later, one bartering party started to involve precious metals, which gained symbolic as well as practical importance. Modern traders generally negotiate through a medium of exchange, such as money. As a result, buying can be separated from selling, or earning. The invention of money greatly simplified and promoted trade. Trade between two traders is called bilateral trade, while trade involving more than two traders is called multilateral trade. “Think Global, Buy Local”.
Barter is a system of exchange where goods or services are directly exchanged for other goods or services without using a medium of exchange, such as money. It is distinguishable from gift economies in many ways; one of them is that the reciprocal exchange is immediate and not delayed in time. It is usually bilateral, but may be multilateral and, in most developed countries, usually only exists parallel to monetary systems to a very limited extent. Barter, as a replacement for money as the method of exchange, is used in times of monetary crisis, such as when the currency may be either unstable or simply unavailable for conducting commerce.
Laissez-faire is an economic system in which transactions between private parties are free from government intervention such as regulation, privileges, tariffs and subsidies. The phrase laissez-faire is part of a larger French phrase and basically translates to “let (it/them) do”.
For me the first knowledge of economy was trading baseball cards. For a penny pack for bubble gum you got a bonus of a cardboard reproduction of a baseball player with all the stats. It was a great advertising gimmick and sold a lot of gum to the dentist glee. Kids would separate players by the teams and bone up on their loot like fantasy football but wanted more. You could trade a ‘Hank Aaron’ for a ‘Mickey Mantle’ on a handshake. Then certain cards became rare and valuable and swapping stopped due to animosity for not getting a square deal.
From my history book, people use to kill animals and eat the carcass and skin the bones for trade for commodities like woven cloth or minerals as a laissez-faire trade. What if the person doesn’t have any commodity to trade? Can a teacher share their knowledge for a month’s rent? Can a musician play for their dinner? Can an automobile be traded for a painting?
You might let your neighbor borrow your lawnmower but would you trade your wife? Would you trade your children? Would you trade your values for survival?
Now trading involves commodity, equity, derivative, shares stocks, planning, strategy, binary options, index, margins, risk management, trends, supply and demand, indicators, inflation, deregulation, etc. but we all use our plastic to trade numbers and calculations against algorithms to acquire our needs and wants.
Are our sanctions and tariffs bigotry on our and others skills? 
-->

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I simply want to give you a big thumbs up
for your excellent information you have got here on this post.

I am coming back to your site for more soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I could have sworn I’ve visited this web site before but after
looking at many of the posts I realized it’s new to me.

Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I stumbled upon it and
I’ll be book-marking it and checking back often!

Anonymous said...

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the best blogs online.
I am going to recommend this site!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy looking through an article that will make people think.
Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this post and also
the rest of the website is also really good.

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I really like your web site!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent site. I stumbledupon it ;) I am going to return once again since i
have book-marked it. Money and freedom is the best
way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a lot to learn about this topic.
I like all the points you've made.

Anonymous said...

There is certainly a great deal to know about this subject.

I like all the points you have made.

Anonymous said...

May I simply say what a relief to uncover someone that actually
knows what they're discussing on the internet.
You certainly understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
More people must read this and understand this side of your
story. It's surprising you are not more popular given that you certainly have the gift.

Anonymous said...

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both
equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail
on the head. The problem is something which too
few people are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy I found this during my search for something concerning this.

Anonymous said...

Your style is so unique in comparison to other people I've read
stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this blog.

Anonymous said...

I love it when people come together and share ideas.
Great site, continue the good work!

Anonymous said...

Can I simply just say what a comfort to discover someone who
genuinely understands what they're discussing on the internet.

You actually understand how to bring an issue to
light and make it important. More people must read
this and understand this side of your story. I can't believe you're not more popular given that you definitely have the gift.

Anonymous said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I believe that you ought to publish more
about this issue, it may not be a taboo subject but generally people do
not discuss such topics. To the next! Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was very enlightening.

I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put
this informative article together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both
reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!

Anonymous said...

This is the right site for anyone who wants to understand this topic.
You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue with
you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject which has been discussed for years.
Wonderful stuff, just great!

Anonymous said...

After checking out a number of the blog posts on your website,
I seriously like your technique of writing a
blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back in the near future.
Take a look at my website as well and tell me how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was really informative.
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this information together.

I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading
and commenting. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

Anonymous said...

This site was... how do I say it? Relevant!!
Finally I've found something which helped me. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely pleased to discover this web site.
I wanted to thank you for ones time due to this fantastic read!!

I definitely savored every part of it and i also have you saved to fav
to look at new stuff on your web site.

Anonymous said...

It’s hard to come by experienced people for this subject, however, you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading through a post that can make men and
women think. Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!

Anonymous said...

You're so awesome! I don't think I've read a single thing like that before.
So nice to discover somebody with genuine thoughts on this subject.

Really.. thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is required on the web, someone with some originality!

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I love your web site!

Anonymous said...

Good article. I absolutely love this website.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this
write-up and also the rest of the site is also really good.

Anonymous said...

There is certainly a lot to find out about this issue.
I love all of the points you have made.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful article! We are linking to this great article on our website.
Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

Excellent web site you've got here.. It’s difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days.
I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Anonymous said...

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality sites online.

I most certainly will recommend this blog!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this very good read!! I certainly loved every bit of it.
I have got you book marked to check out new things you post…

Anonymous said...

Very nice write-up. I certainly love this website. Stick with it!