Thursday, July 4, 2019

On this day, ten years ago, my wife died



This will be my last ‘Hey Babe’ post. For a decade it has been therapeutic but life goes on.
I’m back to where I was before I met her and where I will probably stay. Never, say never, but with few contacts or interest, one becomes isolated.
The yard is being thinned out just to maintain. Indoor projects are a to-do list but in no hurry. Easier to hire someone else to do what is not inspiring.
The routine is still the same to get me motivated without instruction. A simple life of basic clothing, minimal eating, hydration and feeding the yard family is the daily requirement. A daily 5-mile ride clears the head, stretches the body (inside and out) and clears the wallet for primo grub for yard monkeys. In the winter there are additional layers and in the summer there are multiple t-shirts.
Still it is worth more than television to be welcomed in the morning by a bunny that just appears. Christmas gift giving to the critters had an addition of a pie or cake to Station #16. All these would have never had been done with a person I spent more time with than anyone else.
As the calendar flips pages, more join in wherever is after you stop breathing. Every morning is welcome as a privilege and a challenge. It is also a gift.
So bid adieu to the ‘Hey Babe’ posts.  
I still wear the key. 

No comments: