Sunday, November 10, 2019

Rebranding the Tummy Temple?



Opening the morning news search on Social Media (not the fake news) I see a report about my Tummy Temple rebranding it’s look.
This has to be real because it was post by David Saunders, chief idea officer of Madison+Main and owner of the Texas Inn (don’t worry Dave, I’ll send you a bill for the promo) but still I doubled check the report with corporate offices and sure enough my Tummy Temple will be going through some more changes.
“Logo – A contemporary evolution
The contemporary evolution of the redesigned Kroger logo reflects the company’s strong, food-rich heritage by retaining the shape and movement of the iconic “K” and “G” loved by generations of Kroger customers.
Tagline – Kroger’s uniquely egalitarian American brand
Fresh for Everyone is Kroger’s brand ethos. The universal tagline is simple and designed to drive an instant understanding of the uniquely egalitarian American brand, underscored by Kroger’s commitment and belief that everyone should have access to fresh, affordable and delicious food.
Animation – Lovable “Kroji” characters keeps Kroger fun and relatable
Animation is Kroger’s fresh creative medium to market, connect and differentiate. The Kroji (Kroger + emoji) animation features a loveable cast of characters to represent Kroger customers, associates and communities in an inclusive, relatable, optimistic and fun way.”
Here is a little history lesson.
When I first moved into this neighborhood, there was a Ukrop’s and a Safeway International and an A&P on Cary Street, a Layette Market and a Libbie Market, a market on Patterson and a Safeway at Willow Lawn. I attended them all but was most familiar with the Willow Lawn location.
Then the Safeway store moved to where a former JC Penney was and an indoor mall was constructed replacing it’s former sight. Then the Safeway changed into a Hannaford and then change into a Kroger.
I’ve shopped there through expansion and redesign and reshuffling the location of products, but I’ve adjusted. The prices are average and there is normally enough of the products I regularly buy in stock. I’ve watched the staff changes and more electronics and have never been impressed by customer service. I don’t need to get 50 rolls of t-paper at the big box store or seek kale pizza from the boutique grocery. 
I understand any store with this kind of inventory that must be fresh and current is a challenge. As a brick and mortar building that was built in the 50’s with a flat roof that leaks trying to keep up with the internet age, this maybe the beginning of the end. Since there is more demand for delivery (due to lazy culture) there may soon become a time to have the blueberries, peanuts, soups and beer placed on my doorstep and charge to my account.

So as the blue apron workers become emojis with big round heads, I’ll keep zipping around with my cart looking at all the selections I’ll never take home to find the four spots to fill the carts while walking the length of the store for exercise.
Let us see what happens next?

No comments: