Sunday, November 17, 2019

Virgin


We all enter this world as virgins. We don’t know nothing about nothing. We spontaneously breathe, see and poop, but everything else has to be taught or experienced
We are virgins to life.
We are virgins to thinking on our own until schooling. We are virgins on society until sports, teams, classrooms or clubs. We are virgins to our beliefs until churches, synagogues or chapels.
We are virgins about relationships until family shows us routines, neighborhoods present proper order, and friendships are formed.
Still we are virgins to so many things.
I’m a virgin to zip lines. I’m a virgin to theme parks. I’m a virgin to spelunking. I’m a virgin to hang gliding. I’m a virgin to tight rope walking. I’m a virgin to flying an airplane. I’m a virgin to free diving. I’m a virgin to standing on the moon.
Life has offered some experiences while others will only be read about when it is all over.
Life is funny that way.

No comments: