Saturday, February 27, 2021

Remembrance Song

 


What song will be played at the funeral that will remind everyone of you? What is ‘your’ song?

There is a series on NPR about ‘what was your deceased family member’s favorite song?’ and I pondered the thought. What was my father’s favorite song? What was my mother’s favorite song? I have no idea.

There has been so much music in my lifetime, how could one be picked as ‘My Song’?

Could be a childhood song, a hymn, a dance tune, a hard driving rock anthem, a classical, jazz, R&B, soul or all the other descriptions of sound other than talking.

Some couples have ‘their song’ that gets them dancing together on the ballroom floor or in the kitchen. Some are slow romantic smoothies and some are wild abandonment of some great evening.

After you take your last breathe, what song will people hear and think of you?

Maybe it hasn’t been written yet?

No comments: