Saturday, August 20, 2011

Going Home Alone

Going Home Alone the Geezers

Intro:

E / A / E / A / E / A / E

E B

V-1

I say I’m not lonely, but I’m living alone

A B E

When a raven beauty asked if she could borrow my phone

E B

Engulfed by foreboding eyes, her unforgiving smile

A B E

Another round of drinks I say, I’m staying for a while.

A F# E

Chorus 1

She drinks away my money, machine gun shots

A F# E

Long stares into each other, is this all you got

E B

I reach into memory, to order up a round

A B E

Wanting to believe this time was something I had found.

E B

V-2

I’m glad for the encounter, a companion for a night

A B E

She acts as if its meant to be, so the feelings alright

E B

I act like I’m 30, she knows that I’m not

A B E

Together we sit drinking, no questions, times forgot

A F# E

Chorus 2

She drinks all my money, shot after shot

A F# E

Long stares into yesterday, this is all I’ve got

E B

Another memory, another round

A B E

Reality comes true, this is all I’ve found

E B E

V-3

Last call comes way to early, beer toast say goodbye

A B E

Stories bring tears in rainfall, but its too late to cry

E B

A touch of a hand so warm and soft, but on ones left at home

A B E

A kiss good night, what could have been, we left alone

A F# E

Chorus 3

My phones disconnected, I can’t pay the rent

A F# E

But for the feeling tonight, the moneys well spent

E B

Our faces stare as if we knew, there could have been a way

A B E

To start again, another time, another lonely day

E B

V-4

I’m going home alone tonight, the writings on the wall

A B E

She didn’t really matter, it was just another call

E B

To a time when time was what it was, but quickly slipped away

A B E

The sun comes up to wake the dream, another lonely day

A F# E

Chorus 4

She drinks away my money, I give it a shot

A F# E

I say I’m not lonely, but this is all I’ve got

E B

Darkness creeps around the look we shared, as it begins to fade

A B E

The time was brief, but it was right, there’s nothing left to say.

1 comment:

Art said...

I like it brother... and I don't mind going home alone!