Sunday, March 26, 2017

Immigration or Invasion?


I’m New Here

“Hi, I’m new here. Can you tell me a place where I can get some food?”
“Sure, where are you coming from?”
“ A very bad place and I am hungry.”
“Well there is Joe’s Taco truck, but watch out for the flies. Then if you have some money, there is Le Cue’s but they are fairly expensive. You do have some money don’t you?”
“I have enough, but I’m looking for something to feed my family before we journey onward.”
“Is that your family?”
“Yes, we have traveled many miles and we are hungry.”
“Where are you going to sleep tonight?”
“I don’t know. I just want to feed my family now.”
“Well there is this place…”
“Thank you I believe we will move on.”
“You are not around here are you?”
“Why?”
“You don’t look like the rest of us or dress like the rest of us.”
“We come from a distant place. A very bad place.”
“But you lived there?”
“Our family and their families lived there before the…”
“So you do have a home to go back to?”
“No, it has been destroyed.”
“Then what are you doing here?”
“We want to resettle and start a new life.”
“Well we didn’t ask you to move here. We got our own problems without a bunch of you guys moving in.”
“We only want a piece of land and some shelter and a place to start a new life.”
“What the hell was wrong with the old place? If you have lived there for generations why did you leave?”
“We were being killed and worst. We only want to raise our families in a safe place.”
“Well, this ain’t the place. We don’t want your kind here. Move on.”
9/5/2015

No comments: