Friday, February 2, 2018

MoJo


Went to see Kevin today.
It was a long way off so I’d planned to start early.
That didn’t happen. Instead I had breakfast and took a nap.
When I awoke it was past the time I’d hope to start and the sun was up and bright and I knew what I had to do but it was a long ways off and I had to do what I had to do to get there.
I took another nap.
Once out in the air and sunshine the path was clear. 
A different route was taken and different traffic pattern but a familiar path.
Enjoying the sites not recently seen and enjoyed.
Crossed a bridge that is still acrophobia.
Awaiting the light across the boundary that separated future friends long ago.
Riding around the roundabouts in neighborhoods used to walking students keeps the pace slow.
Over the bricks and find a spot to lockdown before crossing the sarcastic flow of traffic.
The interior has been updated and looks like the brand but no one is in the room.
Kevin comes out from the bowels of the backroom with a welcoming smile.
I show my computer and what I perceive is a problem and my ancient efforts to repair my panic.
We amazingly start the computer and (as a normal Mac) starts up like I’d been in some bazaar dream.
The mojo was happening.
He does the usual spiel of what it would cost to replace the perceived problem but all systems are working normally.
I packed back up, somewhat embarrassed, and thanked Kevin for his MoJo.
Long trip back at home and all is the same.
Who knew just needed some Kevin mojo?

No comments: