Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Pillow Talk


Maybe after a wild party or a long musical event or a formal dinner party, it is time to slip beneath the sheets and accumulate the thoughts of the day before the sandman knocks you into unconscious.
This is the private time to figure out what the day’s experience has been and, if fortunate enough, discuss with another.
Pillow talk time is where gossip and reality and dreams and bias all intermingle to form prejudice and perceptions. It should be in the dark.

“Did you see how Uncle Charlie was stumbling around? He must have been drunk.” “I heard from Aunt Fay he’d had a stroke.” “Sally’s boyfriend seemed very nice but that jacket was appalling.” “Did you notice her tattoo?” “I wish they had made chicken instead of whatever that ground up stuff was. I couldn’t eat a bite.” “Did you try it? It was very good with a shaker of salt.” “What were you drinking?” “The clarinet sounded like his reed wasn’t working.” “What do you know, you fell asleep during the bassoon solo.” “Why do they wait so long for intermission? I had to pee.” “Why did you keep applauding to your boss? He was just terrible.” “It’s my job.” “Was that his wife or his daughter?” “She did look mighty fine. Ouch!” “You wouldn’t have a chance.” “What?” “Did you see Jack checking me out? He was you know?” “Hate to pop your bubble but he was looking at Henry.” “No!” “Yes, he is that way.” “How do you know?” “Jack and I go back a long ways.” “I didn’t know.” “Well now you do.” “ Why was Benny going out to the pool house so much?” “ (pause)” “Oh!” “ Are we going to the Peterson’s tomorrow? I just don’t feel comfortable around them.” “And Hank always gets around the grill and tells old stories of how he got more points at Donkey Kong than any of his friends while burning the hot dogs and knocking over his beer.” “And Magarey smells bad. She always smells bad.” “Did you lock the car?” “I’m sure I did.” “Did you put out the cat?” “We have a cat?”
In just a few moments observations can become engrained judgment based on gossip and speculation.
See you in the morning or maybe I wish you had just gone home instead.
-->

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for post this informative. I'm a long time
reader but ive never commented till now.

Thanks again for the awesome post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for post this awesome!. I'm a long time reader but ive never commented till now.


Thanks again for the awesome post.