Thursday, April 25, 2013

Just when you think…



Spring is here. The leaves are out. The flowers are blooming. Life is changing.
After a sunny day of cleaning up vines and sticks and cutting bamboo and moving bricks and cement paving stones, the news came on the television telling me things I already knew from 5 o’clock in the morning. Even the review of five presidents speaking or cover of the Boston magazine or even knowing who is the most beautiful woman caught my attention.
Back in the studio getting prepared to close up and go inside for a final review of the day I think I hear the grey jay. I walked out into the yard but did not see her. Maybe tomorrow will be the first purchase of blueberries?
Then it happened.
Out of the corner of my eye as the yard wound down I saw a little grey blur. At first I thought it was a squirrel but it was not as noisy. Perhaps I was getting tired and was about ready to go inside when I saw it again.
There on the deck was a little grey critter. About the size of a chipmunk it raced under the grasses but it was definitely a baby rabbit. A little grey bunny was scooting around the yard. As if a symbol of spring promised a renewal of hope with good things to come.
So tomorrow as I get ready for another ride I’ll look closely for a new family and listen for the grey jay.

No comments: