Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Breaking up



Not really having a steady girlfriend other than a couple of marriages, the idea of breaking up is foreign to me. Then again, I never learned how to use those lines or move to make some girl attractive or even pay attention to me. Perhaps a confidence issue, but that is another discussion for another time.
There are a lot of songs and stories and movies and poems about breaking up. It seems “falling in Love” as they state it is a slippery slope and only brings heartbreak. That emotional stuff only makes you crazy.
So is there a form or a method or even a class on how to break up? I mean, suppose someone become interested in you and there am a certain physical attraction if you know what I mean, but then what? Do you make the leap to share your life and all your worldly possessions together? What if your taste in music does not blend? Suppose you don’t like her parents? Suppose she doesn’t have a medical history? Suppose she grows up to look like her mother?
Looking at the leftovers from breaking up, why would anyone want to get hooked up to start with? I know, we are ingrained in being physical animals that must rub each other to propagate. After that, why don’t we just go home and live our lives? I can already see all the emails stating how Love brings us together and all you need is Love and all that stuff, but unless you were some kind of weird virgin who met another virgin and you live happily ever after, you fallen and then realized that wasn’t such a good idea and had to break up.
And if you’ve broken up, you know that crummy feeling of now knowing what went wrong and why he/she didn’t like you or who is that other guy cutting in on my dance partner? You go from my little pony to Goth. You tear up all those wonderful thoughtful love notes that meant so much. And what about those photos? It’s shredder time. Then you mope around for awhile, don’t eat anything, the sun never shines, and suddenly, there SHE is.
Then what?

Don't take your love away from me
Don't you leave my heart in misery
If you go then I'll be blue
'Cause breaking up his hard to do

Remember when you held me tight
And you kissed me all through the night
Think of all that we've been through
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

They say that breaking up is hard to do
Now I know, I know that it's true
Don't say that this is the end
Instead of breaking up I wish that we were making up again

I beg of you, don't say goodbye
Can't we give our love another try
Come on baby, let's start a new
'Cause breaking up is hard to do

2 comments:

TripleG said...

It IS funny in the movies or ads when she dumps all his stuff out of the window on the sidewalk. It will eventually be a good story for him to tell, too. It takes getting sadder to, in time, get wiser.

Art said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8C9fqC3uk

'bout says it all