Sunday, January 7, 2018

Next Week


Yep. Still here. Barricaded against temperatures I’ve never experienced. Well, maybe I have but didn’t have enough other people pointing out how incredibly cold it is outside. It can stay outside, for I now have heat and heat good.
Like most of the cocoons, I’m blanketed against the thought of the chill and await the promise of warmth next week. It is always good to have something to look forward to.
 Constant trips to the kitchen for hotter, dirty water followed by brisk trips down the hall. “Keep it flowing” the body says. Out of oatmeal for breakfast so maybe pancakes for lunch or perhaps that other pizza, but there is no alcohol or football even though the television seems to work indoors to play the DVD of ‘Zappa plays Zappa’ jammed into the player appears fine. The remote that matched the television has dead batteries and the replacements are outside. Was it worth going outside to get them? I think not but you can decide.
If you are still with me, let me tell you something about television. You probably have a satellite dish or some voltage line running into your house hooked to a wall size flat screen with choices of so many varies that your thumb gets numb trying to surf them all and pay a monthly few for the service. Well some of us didn’t go that route. As the world turned digital, I stayed analog. You know--- FREE TV! It really isn’t. The television stations decided rather than supplying two methods of transmission (which they did for awhile) decided to only go digital. So to receive any image a box that converted analog to digital or vise versa or so they told me at RadioShack had to be purchased and wired to the rabbit ears covered in aluminum foil. You can stop laughing now because you need to get a transmission technician with special software on his/her laptop to get your ‘Cooking Channel’ to work in HD. Now the ‘Doggie Channel’ won’t work.
To make a long story even longer, I hooked up all my cables and lined up all the remotes and only got static on every channel I went to (except for ‘Zappa plays Zappa’ jammed in the DVD player) so I decided to turn it off. Those almost winner teams trying to stay in the game aren’t that good anyway and what could I miss (like a quarterback catching his own pass?). I had already put up some curtains and put down a rug and moved some stuff upstairs and worked up a sweat.
Decided against the pancakes and went with the Lentil beans. When you are snow bound you really shouldn’t eat beans. Maybe I’ll raise some windows to air the place out.
Another check of the temps holds my desire to step outside. Still I’ll have to go out sooner or later for tomorrow the Denizens of Disposal will come by in their tank truck and relieve me of my cast offs. I’ll run back in and pour some more hot water and walk down the hall and stare out the window and listen to some more music and maybe, just maybe try another television (got two more upstairs in boxes). Is this line A to red input or is it the other way around. Where did I put those instructions? Does this remote work that or is it for the radio?
It is just another homebound day in Just Another Life.

No comments: