Thursday, March 19, 2009

Foggy Wednesday

Although it is Thursday Night (great name for a band) and I've got NCAA b-ball on the screen with the sound turned down watching Clemson suck, and Eno on the headphones (thanks to J. Cox for reminding me), in sweats drying off from a ride home in the rain (there is a song in there), the thoughts of the week.

Foggy Wednesday, was just that. Early ride to work and the feeling of Springtime was here. Warm air was breaking the cold wet 5-day rain, which in scientific terms means "fog". A warm fog. An inviting fog.

As I pushed my metal frame through the puddles reflecting the canopy overhead of bare wooden fingers, the TV tower is half invisible under the cloudy mass. The moist air quickens the breath and feeds the throat life.

Stopping at the turn by Fox School, the wet trail of garbage for this is trash pick up day in the fan and there are remnants of people who live in row housing yesterdays needs to this weeks leftovers. Swerve to miss the dropped milk carton or plastic bag or tampon or scrapings from over extendented desires.

Wait. "Baby's On Fire!" Got to pause. This gets my heart pumping. Someday I'll tell you about it.

And yes, "Arggh, mateys"! Disney pirates became the mold for Johnny Deep. And just as "West Side Story", "The Longest Day", and "The Thief from Baghdad" crept into my mind with visions I would never forget, movies and television has molded the future for the boomers. The next generation will be YouTubed, RSSed, or Mobiled.....or whatever comes next.

Strange month. Many illnesses and deaths. What is it about Spring that brings the death of winter?

So the next option for two extra days off will be record "Steeleyed Span" for Cheryl, write John's wife and thank her for the photo, books and taxes.

The orange orb lite the sky with pink then orange then red rays of horizontal softness, lighting my way to the concrete cave with the metal monster machines breathing their toxic fumes and squealing rubber tires against wet pavement.

Again, I was alone. To abide for another few hours until my grey steed would whisk me away home.

No comments: