Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rainy Day Feelings

A couple of years ago, I complied a cassette tape by the same title. These were just songs of the moment to fill an afternoon too rainy to venture outside.

So I read the email of settling into San Francisco, motorcycle memories, web newspapers, and home wreckers losing their keys, I wonder what will get my attention on this cool dreary day.

I plug in the "Bedroom Tapes" of Art, Joel, Jim and I making noise in the Park Avenue location trying to spirit up the darkness.

One light bulb illuminates the dampness. Dusty webs hang from the rafters. A list of 50 songs / stories confront me on the bulletin board next to the one glove reminder to buy another pair, $100 water bill, calendar, "things to do in 2009" list (like fix the dripping roof), and the envelope of unused $25.00 certificate to Super Cuts.

Drinking instant coffee and watching the water splash off the green bamboo outside the bedroom window, Sunday morning started with all the critters scratching, Lights, television, and newspaper follow with the "Money Show" on CBS's "Sunday Morning".

French toast and another cup of cold coffee, and still no energy. Best to get outside instead of feeding Petey (nickname for squirrel ) peanuts in the kitchen window.

So out into the dampness. On with the computer and the cold already opened beer. So now what?

Do I record Rusty's "Key West Blues"? Do I sit down and actually do my taxes? Do I mop up the water on the floor from the dripping roof? Do I have another beer? Do I put on my jeans and ride up to Libbie and Grove for a sandwich, chips, and more brew?

OK! That did it. Listening to Joel and Jim trying to find "Sweet Black Angel" words and Art losing the bridge....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're gonna finish this...

Art said...

me too

TripleG said...

Looks like you recorded "Key West Blues" and didn't do your taxes. Good choice.