Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Lot of Traffic Today

Traffic Everywhere

The usual Saturday morning began, but with a twist.

TRAFFIC.

Traffic everywhere.

Starting at 9:00A.M., before most people would be up and at them, but there they where.

Those monster metal mobile machines were everywhere.

When most traffic was sleeping on a Saturday morning, these were awake and alive.

Still groggy from the one oh clock bedtime sleep; I was amazed at the number of these machines.

From every road way, alley, these monsters would appear. Single passenger of faith pulled these metallic wonders onto the concrete roadways before me.
Ah, yes, this was the Monument 10K. !

The weekend of the early Spring event, even thought it still feels like winter, where people in shorts run up the avenue of monuments with say 30,000 of their closest friends.

And everyone has family and friends who want to watch this madness.

Did it a couple of times a few years ago. Sheer desperation drives you to walk with all the hundreds without getting out of the way. Just go with the flow.

Every so often events clog up my neighborhood.

The 10K run from VCU up by my neighborhood and back downtown. The Greek Festival, where everyone in Richmond converges on my neighborhood to park and walk to nearby Greek Orthodox Church to partake in song, dance, food and drink. Lots and lots of drink. Oo pah!

So after drying off from a night of rain, I decided to try to dry my still wet jeans with a new invention. Warmth and air! Apply body heat from riding and the air passing over the legs pumping the pedals.

Zowie!

It worked!!

First trip was for litter.

Trip two for litter.

Trip three for litter.

Trip four for apples, cat and dog food, and peanuts for the critter crewe.

Trip five for Buffy’s chicken

The sixth trip delivered the beer!

Each trip was a 3-mile journey.

Each trip became slower due to the added traffic.

What was a 15-minute trip, turned into an adventure of a half-hour. Slow stop lights, stopping to let the monsters decide which direction they wished to travel, while other monsters just stopped in the middle of the road while other monsters swerved around them.

Luckily it was not raining, so with some patience I made my rounds and accomplished my missions, taking back videos, but not finding a source to develop my camera.

So I will sleep well tonight as the rain begins to fall again.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice pⲟst. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that
I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
In any case I will be sᥙbscribing to your rss feed and I hope ʏou write again soon!
view website : How To Lock Files In 15 Minutes And Still Look Your Best

Anonymous said...

You made some good points there. I looked on the web
for additional information about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this web site.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.
I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back sometime soon. I want to
encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other informative blog. The place else may I get that type of info written in such
an ideal manner? I've a project that I am just now operating
on, and I have been on the glance out for such information.

Anonymous said...

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is excellent, let alone the content!

Anonymous said...

Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating
it but, I'd like to shoot you an email. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be
interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

Anonymous said...

Someone essentially help to make critically articles I might state.
That is the very first time I frequented your web page and up to now?
I surprised with the research you made to create this particular post
extraordinary. Great process!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the structure of your website?

Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the
way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 images.
Maybe you could space it out better?

Anonymous said...

Your style is so unique compared to other folks I've
read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just
book mark this page.

Anonymous said...

If some one desires to be updated with most up-to-date technologies therefore he must be pay
a visit this website and be up to date everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. This is an extremely neatly written article.
I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful info.
Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

Anonymous said...

It's remarkable to pay a visit this web site and reading the views
of all friends regarding this article, while I am also keen of
getting familiarity.

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this,
like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do
with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other
than that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read.
I'll definitely be back.

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I really like your blog!

Anonymous said...

Its not my first time to pay a visit this web page, i am browsing this web
site dailly and take nice information from here every day.

Anonymous said...

Excellent site. Plenty of useful information here.
I am sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious.

And of course, thanks to your effort!

Anonymous said...

excellent issues altogether, you simply won a new reader.
What would you recommend about your submit that you
just made some days in the past? Any certain?

Anonymous said...

Simply desire to say your article is as surprising.
The clearness on your submit is just nice and i could suppose you're
a professional in this subject. Fine with your permission allow
me to snatch your feed to stay up to date with forthcoming post.
Thanks one million and please continue the enjoyable work.