Monday, October 12, 2009

My Bad

This morning I woke up to the sound of the trash trucks.

What? It is Monday, but it's Columbus Day!

I thought the city closed for Columbus Day, but there they were picking up my trash before I could get to the alley.

I did not plan that well. I had stacked piles of wood, a door, and flooring to cut up today because I was SURE the city didn't pick up trash on Columbus Day.

The banks are closed because it is Columbus Day.

The federal offices are closed because it is Columbus Day.

I figured the schools were closed when I saw a mother walking her children wearing down filled hooded parkas (while I'm wearing shorts), but I saw some of those yellow mobile carriers rolling around.

But it's Columbus Day.

So my calendar is pushed back a day for cutting wood and filling trash receptacles.

So a lesson learned. Not everyone closes for Columbus Day.

The day we all celebrate Columbus Ohio.

No comments: