Saturday, August 3, 2013

I’m Not In Love



Since I’m on the topic and have gotten some interesting comments and again will reaffirm I am not an expert on the subject, I will admit that at times I’ve been as silly as the next guy over a wink of an eye or that certain look that gives a certain attention you never expected. Now what “Love” is I’ll leave to the historians or theologians or psychological analysis that describe and theorize what this emotional nightmare may bring?
Now I’m still confused after all these years between the “L” word and the other “L” word, but I will acknowledge I’ve fallen under it’s spell without even knowing it. Like every other strange emotion we feel like seeing a sick puppy or the camaraderie of winning of the big game or hearing a bad medical diagnosis or tasting that first kiss, I’m not immune to this stuff.
Will I admit this to myself? I don’t follow the “All You Need Is Love” banner. Having someone on your arm to fulfill your being has not been the case. As I’ve said before, the “L” word comes with a load of baggage that must be accepted or not.
I’m sure I’ve used the “L” word because it is a key to unlock so much from the other person. It takes you to another level beyond “Like” and perhaps solves the problem of if you don’t say “it” then it is over.
So few go into these hazy mixtures with certain anticipations and perhaps a future together. We all make promises we can’t keep.
Why can’t we just say it like it is? I like to be with your for awhile but then….?
 
I'm not in love, 
so don't forget it
It's just a silly phase 
I'm going through
And just because 
I call you up
Don't get me wrong, 
don't think you've got it made
I'm not in love, no-no
(It's because...)

I like to see you, but then again
That doesn't mean you mean that much to me
So if I call you, don't make a fuss
Don't tell your friends about the two of us
I'm not in love, no-no
(It's because...)

(Be quiet, big boys don't cry)
(Big boys don't cry)
(Big boys don't cry)
(Big boys don't cry)
(Big boys don't cry)
(Big boys don't cry)
(Big boys don't cry)

I keep your picture upon the wall
It hides a nasty stain that's lyin' there
So don't you ask me to give it back
I know you know it doesn't mean that much to me
I'm not in love, no-no
(It's because...)

Ooh, you'll wait a long time for me
Ooh, you'll wait a long time

Ooh, you'll wait a long time for me
Ooh, you'll wait a long time


I'm not in love, I'm not in love...



No comments: