Sunday, March 18, 2018

The NEW Toy Truck In Town



Yesterday I awoke to a new sound that wasn’t construction or lawn maintenance. I looked out front and at first I thought a NASCAR trailer had parked in our neighborhood. On second look it had a sign on it called “Game Truck”.
I had passed one of these behemoths before but now here was one up close. It seems my neighbor is having a party for his kids and all their friends and rented a “Game Truck”. From my research this is a video arcade on wheels.
Since this was a kid’s party, there was lots of screaming and running about and depleted looking parents?
While I’m not a parent so I don’t go into Toys ‘R’ Us and bring home trinkets for rug rats, but I was a kid and had toys. Of course none of my toys plugged in or required a remote control except for one. On the screen were little grey fuzzy characters riding horses or shooting guns or punching each other between selling toothpaste or refrigerators sounding like a bad reception car speaker.
After the truck left, the gang went into the backyard to crawl and swing on an old fashion monkey bar setup. With no reference point I just listed to the full voice screams and wondered, “Why do kids have to SCREAM every word?”
Just like a late night rowdy mixer, the kids wore themselves out and the evening grew quiet once more.
Now I’ve been exposed to the latest and greatest toy.  

No comments: