Sunday, December 23, 2012

Naughty or nice?

-->

Life continues.
And it really doesn’t change. Whatever we did to grow up and gather values stays the same.
With a little determination and self-reliance we can survive and even have some fun now and then.
So with all the websites and links to social networking, only a few clicks of the mouse and some none descript information could put us in touch with someone to flirt with.
Is it worth the effort? Is it worth it?
Then again, there are places to go and meet other lonely people who with a purchase of an adult beverage will share their most intimate secrets.
So then what?

About 30 some years ago when similar opportunities offered themselves I tried to avoid them. At that time I was still mingling with groups of people that presented possible attachments but my mind was somewhere else. Some possibilities were very attractive, some could be forgotten, some were momentary physical attachments, and some were just weird.
Definitely older and maybe wiser, I see this time with a little more reflection. Opportunities are still available but having spent most of my life with other people either by last name association or emotional choosing maybe not this time.
At this time in life, it would be pleasant to have a person to enjoy situations with, laugh at some moment, dance under the stars, bask in the joy of a gift or warm the bedroom, but…
 
No one to talk with
All by myself
No one to walk with
But I'm happy on the shelf
Ain't misbehavin'
I'm savin' my love for you
I know for certain
The one I love
I'm through with flirtin'
It's just you I'm thinkin' of
Ain't misbehavin'
I'm savin' my love for you

Like Jack Horner
In the corner
Don't go nowhere
What do I care?
Your kisses are worth waitin' for
Believe me

I don't stay out late
Don't care to go
I'm home about eight
Just me and my radio
Ain't misbehavin'
Savin' my love for you

Like Jack Horner
In the corner
Don't go nowhere
What do I care?
Your kisses are worth waitin' for
Believe me

I don't stay out late
Don't care to go
I'm home about eight
Just me and my radio
Ain't misbehavin'
Savin' my love for you
Ain't misbehavin'
Savin' my love for you



No comments: