Sunday, December 8, 2019

Every Morning


I wake up, concoct my coffee, put on my sweater, boot up my computer and start clicking on news sites.
My father did the same with the newspaper.
All the news websites have the ‘breaking news’ or ‘top story’ in a large image with a headline that can be clicked on to read more.
And the top news banner flashing across the screen shows a police car.
Scroll down and there is another picture of a police car, maybe two.
Another shooting or another crash blocking the highway announces the beginning of the day.
I appreciate the officers of the law and the fire and emergency responders. I listen to sirens. I first get out of the way and then listen to hear where they are going.
I’m just tired of seeing them every morning.
How about starting off the day with a puppy found or laughing children in the snow or a drop in carbon emissions?  Could we begin the day with nuclear weapons being destroyed or everyday being Christmas?
Is that too much to ask?
Check the weather.

No comments: