Sunday, December 8, 2019

Socks


Looking through catalogues, websites, friend’s trends and online influencers for a list of possible gifts to give to people cherished enough for me to revel my monetary affection for them; I can only find ‘socks’.
Bluetooth speakers seem a hit this year but without knowing what sort of configuration of systems you are running to get your AI to talk to you anywhere in the house, I might resign myself to ‘socks’. Besides I don’t provide batteries.
Like gaudy sweaters or reindeer antlers, it is the season for giving things you would never purchase for yourself. We are all looking down at our phones so it makes sense to give a gift everyone will see. Don’t forget to polish your shoes.
Socks are fine. They make a statement. They absorb stink foot. They clog up the underwear drawer and smell up the gym locker. They warm the toes in winter and can be discarded with sandals.
No matter what design you decide to embarrass the receiver, not to worry. One will be lost in the next wash/dry cycle.

No comments: