Friday, March 26, 2010

Radio

The past two days I have been working in the kitchen and instead of playing a CD or without sound at all, I decided to listen to FM radio.

The dusty old AM/FM clock radio I used to use to wake me up years ago, came out from the findings and was placed on the refrigerator to become the fifth clock.

A tinny sound come from the plastic box and with some twirling of the nob, a few stations were loud enough to listen too.

Country/ western (which sounds more like Pop or Rock), the hip-hop mess, talk (blah-blah-blah) radio, and soft rock.

I decided on soft rock and for the past two days have spent two hours listening to this mush while surfing Facebook and 4 different email accounts (no, I don't know why).

But I can only stand so much of Journey, Kansas, or even Elton John (although the song "Tiny Dancer" gave me pause).

The sound has stuck to the bottom of my shoes as I walk outside into the rain and sounds of the leaves blowing in the spring turn winter again breeze.

I think I prefer the sounds of silence.

No comments: