Friday, December 13, 2013

Don’t You Hate It?



The other day I was either sent a link or stumble onto a link of a video. I don’t remember where it came from but it was fantastic. Very professionally recorded band playing Stevie Wonder’s “Higher Ground”. It was so good; I went back and viewed it again. That is when the trouble started.
I liked it so much I sent the link to some friends. At least I thought I did. It was probably late at night or early morning so I got a little confused. Having bookmarked the link, I shut down the computer and went to bed.
The next day I do what I normally do and cleaned out my email. I don’t like to keep over 40 messages so I grab a bunch and ‘delete’. I do the same to sent mail. I picked up this habit when I couldn’t rationalize why I should keep a message that was over 30 days old.
Then I went looking for the video of the two-drummer band playing a hot version of “Higher Ground”. To my dismay, I couldn’t find it.
I thought it might have been posted on Facebook so I scrolled down and down and down and couldn’t find it. I checked every ‘friend’ who I thought might have posted it to no avail. I checked other social sites and even some musical sites thinking I had found it unaware of the original search. I checked YouTube and did a find “Higher Ground”. There are a lot of videos of different people playing this popular song. There are also a movie and several self-help locations.
I even sent out some emails to friends thinking I may have sent the link but again failed. Now I knew that I had seen this video and I knew it was hot and I knew that somewhere out there in the big bad world of the internet it was sitting there for me to rediscover.
So I just I’ll wait.

No comments: