Sunday, December 29, 2013

What have you been listening to for the past year?


-->
What music has caught your ear? Have you purchased any new music?
For me it is pretty simple. I’ve listened to a bunch of old favorites because they are comfortable. I’ve also listened or studied some homemade sounds trying to inspire myself to start recording again. New music?  
Tim Minchin” has become a popular favorite. Also listening to “David Gilmore” more and “Crosby, Stills, and Nash” harmonies. “Gotye” song ‘somebody that you use to know’ caught my ear. ‘Call Me Maybe’ also caught my ear but I enjoyed the covers as much or more than the originals. A group called “Foxes and Fossils” doing covers also interesting but only for a short period of tie. “Tuneola” song ‘No Leaving Today’ seems to be a repeat listen. “Kimbra” an offshoot of “Gotye” I thought was interesting but never went anywhere. “The Hold Steady” I liked for the energy and the hooks. “The Duhks” version of Bob Dylan was interesting, but again, couldn’t find any other tunes that kept me listening. “The Rolling Stones” ‘doom and gloom’ was the best of there last repeat of repeat favorite hits CD. I guess I did buy a CD this year. “The ABC&D of Boogie Woogie” caught my ear, and even with Charlie being so sly, that music is in my DNA. “The London Symphony Orchestra” version of ‘Gimme Shelter’ is still a fave. “Richard Aven Cornwell” did a cover of ‘Tommy Tunes: 867-5309’ that caught my attention but I am partial. Heard a few things on NPR but didn’t track it.
Don’t know what will appear as a new trend on the music scene but I’m ready for it. Just remember, if it doesn’t catch me in the first two minutes, I move on.  

No comments: